By registering your child in any Explore It! Inc. program you are agreeing to the following Policies, Terms and Conditions:
We (Explore It! Inc.) will not share Information provided by you (Parent/Guardian) during our program registration process with third parties unless required to do so by an authorized government agency. Your information may be made available to authorized parties at the registered child’s school. We respect your family’s privacy and will do our best to protect your data.
We (Explore It! Inc.) use email as our primary method of communication. We use phone calls for urgent or sensitive matters. We do NOT communicate using text messaging.
Upon registering any child in any of our programs you agree to provide us with a valid email address and phone number that you (or a designated adult) will monitor each school day.
You also agree that you are responsible for ensuring that any emails from our exploreitall.ca domain are received by you (or a designated adult) and responded to upon request.
Should you need to, please contact us using one of the following email addresses;
- Regarding Student Registrations at email@example.com
- Regarding Program Payments at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regarding ALL OTHER matters at email@example.com
- For urgent or sensitive matters call/leave a voice message for us at 416-417-0477. Note that we DO NOT communicate via text messaging.
- You may also contact us by snail mail at: Explore It! Inc. 109 Sussex Ave. Toronto ON M5S1K4
We (Explore It! Inc.) are committed to ensuring that we comply with privacy and anti-spam legislation. It is our policy to communicate primarily through e-mail.
We do not provide your contact information to third parties unless required to do so to provide our services or if required to by an authorized government agency.
Please note that for the safety of children enrolled in our programs you cannot unsubscribe from operational e-mails regarding any child you have registered in any of our programs. You may however contact us to transfer Primary Contact responsibility to another designated adult.
From time to time we send e-mails regarding additional or new programs, services, or events offered by us. It is our policy to only send the occasional e-mail of interest and value to the parents of children in our programs, or when necessary to do so. We do not send e-mails promoting the services or goods of third parties. If you do not wish to continue to receive e-mails about additional or new Explore It! programs, services, or events, you can unsubscribe from our commercial mailing list by replying to any one of our emails with the word “unsubscribe”.
Payment in full is due upon registration in any Explore It! program. Your registration is not complete and your child’s spot is not held until your program(s) payment has been processed and received by us. Note that all programs have enrolment and capacity restrictions which may limit final acceptance of your registration. You will be contacted should we be unable to accept your registration.
Transfers, Refunds and Credits:
BEFORE THE START OF A PROGRAM, BUT NOT AFTER THE FIRST CLASS;
- With written notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before the start time of the first class you will be offered at least one of the following options.
- Option 1 – Transfer your child to another program if a space is available and pay any difference in program fee.
- Option 2 – Receive a credit code for the full amount of your program fee to be used towards the future registration of any child.
- Option 3 – Receive a partial refund (minus the administration fee we pay our payment provider) in the same manner in which your program payment was made.
- Note that options offered are at the discretion of an Explore It! Director and may change without notice.
AFTER THE FIRST CLASS (AND BEFORE THE SECOND CLASS) IN A PROGRAM;
- With written notice by email to email@example.com at least 48 hours before the start time of the second class you will be offered the following options.
- Option 1 – Transfer your child to another program if a space is available and pay any difference in the program fee.
- Option 2 – Receive a credit code for the remaining portion of your program fee to be used towards the future registration of any child.
- Note that options offered are at the discretion of an Explore It! Director and may change without notice.
AFTER THE SECOND CLASS IN A PROGRAM;
Explore It! Inc. is unable to offer credits or refund of program fees. In special circumstances, at the discretion of an Explore It! Director, a transfer to another program may be available.
Registration and Payment Receipts:
We (Explore It! Inc.) automatically sends a registration confirmation email to you when you register. This email serves as your program receipt.
Our payment processing partners (currently PayPal and Interac) send you an email once your payment is processed and accepted. This email serves as your proof of payment. No other receipts are issued.
Waiver of Responsibility:
By registering a child in any Explore It! Inc. program you agree with the following;
That the registered child is allowed to participate in any and all activities related to Explore It! Inc. program(s). Note that we (Explore It!) must agree in writing to any request you make to limit the activities of the registered child.
That you assume all risks and hazards incidental to the conduct of any activities related to our program(s).
That you waive all claims against all parties involved in providing our program(s) to the registered child. You specifically waive all claims against any organizers, directors, instructors or supervisors that are involved in our programs in case of injury of any kind to the registered child.
Allergies/ Special Needs:
It is the responsibility of the parent or registering party to inform Explore It! Inc. in writing of their child’s allergies or special needs in advance of attending our programs. Note that we (Explore It! Inc.) will do our best to accommodate your child’s allergies or special needs however we will assume no liability for any injury that may occur to your child.
When you register you must note if your child has any allergies or special needs, including whether your child is at risk of anaphylaxis and asthma. If your child is at risk you are required to provide your child with an Epi-Pen and ensure they bring it to each Explore It! class.
Due to the possibility of severe (fatal) allergic reactions to peanuts and other nut products, we will not knowingly provide any food known to contain nut products. All efforts will be made to maintain a nut free environment, however, we cannot guarantee freedom from secondary contamination.
Explore It! reserves the right to determine if a child’s allergies or special needs prohibits them from joining a program due to the risk they would incur. Children at risk of anaphylaxis and asthma may not be allowed in culinary (cooking) programs.
Attendance and Pick ups:
It is your responsibility to notify us (Explore It! Inc.) in advance of any class in any of our programs that your child is registered for but will not attend.
It is essential that your contact phone number be valid and current so that we may contact you if necessary.
You are responsible to fill in the fields provided during the registration process to designate any individuals who you authorize to pick up the registered child from our classes. We will only accpect you to authorize adults at or over the age of majority (currently 18 years old in Ontario) to pick up the registered child.
You are required to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org of any changes to your contact information or those authorized to pick up the child during the course of the program.
Late Pick Ups:
You are responsible to ensure the registered child is picked up by you or an authorized individual promptly at the end of each Explore It! class. Late fees may be charged. In the event that late pick-ups occur more than once, Explore It! reserves the right to withdraw the child in question from said program with out compensation.
Note: If, after 30 minutes from the end of our class, the parent (or authorized adult) has not been in contact with us or we cannot reach the parent (or authorized adult), both the police and Children’s Aid Society may be contacted.
Children who have been suspended from school for any reason may not attend Explore It! programs for the duration of the suspension.
Discipline and Behaviour Management Policy:
- Children will be encouraged to use verbal statements when disapproving of another’s actions. Staff will act as positive role models by using positive and appropriate language at all times.
- Children will not be spoken to in a harsh manner and will always know that it is their behaviour is what is being addressed, not the child him/her self.
- Children will be encouraged to solve disputes between themselves and another child verbally, and if this fails to acquire the desired results, to approach our staff to act as a mediator.
- Children will have realistic limits placed on them in regards to safety, health and environment. These limits will vary according to the age of the child. Where these limits are exceeded, our staff will react appropriately. A child may be removed from an activity if their behaviour is an issue. If a child is removed from an activity to a “time out”, that time shall be appropriate for the child’s age.
- Children will not be physically restrained in any way that would constitute harsh or abusive treatment. No form of corporal punishment will be allowed at any time.
- Explore It! Inc. will contact parents regarding serious discipline or behavioural issues
- Explore It! Inc. reserves the right to have a child removed from a program, with out compensation for remaining classes, for serious discipline or behavioural issues.
Explore It! Inc. provides programs to a variety of children and children have varying needs, characters and personalities. As a result, incidences of inappropriate behaviour may occur in a program. It should be recognized that in extreme situations (wherein a child is endangering his/herself or others) staff may find themselves having to respond using physical guidance as a method to defuse and/or de-escalate a volatile situation. Physical re-direction and restraint is used in situations where a child is in immanent danger of compromising their own safety or the safety of the other children and/or staff in our program. Guidance and restraint will only be used to guarantee the safety of all involved and in a manner not intended to harm the child in question.
If you have any questions about our Polices, Terms and Conditions, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com. You may also contact us by mail at: Explore It! Inc. 109 Sussex Ave. Toronto ON M5S1K4